Jim is an Owner and Managing Director of HEARTLAND LLC and HEARTLAND Capital Advisors. He has extensive experience in evaluating, negotiating, and structuring complex real estate projects, ventures, and transactions. Jim’s dual focus on HEARTLAND’s real estate and capital advisory practice areas gives him a uniquely broad perspective as he works with clients and partners to design and implement of strategies for projects, portfolios and real estate operating, development and investment platforms across the country and internationally.
Prior to joining HEARTLAND, Jim was a real estate, tax, and securities attorney both in California and Washington.
Being educated, but more importantly, being educable drives business, trust, lasting relationships and the legacy the current generation can always pass on to and learn from the next. It is about the questions, not the answers.
I am involved with Runstad as a way to give back while at the same time learning. Having Runstad in the community raises the professionalism of the industry. It is an incredible leadership group trying very hard to set the table for the next generation.
Position: Managing Director
- Owner and Managing Director: HEARTLAND LLC and HEARTLAND Capital Advisors
- Advisory Board Member and Lead Instructor: Commercial Real Estate Certificate Program, University of Washington
- Visiting Committee Member: University of Washington Educational Outreach
- Executive Committee and Board Member: Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
- Board of Directors: Forterra Enterprises, Inc.