MSRE Application Instructions
The following materials will be submitted by completing an online application to the University of Washington Graduate School and choosing the “Master of Science in Real Estate” program
- Application fee of $85 (U.S.) for completing the online application to the University of Washington (UW) Graduate School
- Resume including:
- Academic and professional experience
- Academic and/or professional honors, prizes, or scholarships
- Leadership positions
- Statement of purpose 750 words or less:
- Describe your reason for applying to the MSRE program
- Your expectations of how the MSRE can help to further your career objectives
- Your academic background, extracurricular activities, professional experiences, community and/or volunteer work, and any other factors relevant to your interest in the real estate industry.
- Personal history statement 500 words or less (optional):
- Your personal history, family background, and other influences on your intellectual development
- Educational, cultural, and economic opportunities and disadvantages you have experienced, and ways those experiences have affected the development of your special interests, career plans, and future goals
Please note this is not an academic statement of purpose, but a personal statement that addresses your intellectual growth and development, both inclusive of and beyond your academic goals. The reason for the statement is to be consistent with our goal of enhancing the intellectual and social enrichment of the University of Washington community, which actively seeks and welcomes students from diverse backgrounds.
- Transcripts from each college or university you have attended. Please upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts into the online application. If you are accepted into the program, you’ll be asked to send an official sealed copy to the UW Graduate Admissions Office. Please do not send sealed copies to the Runstad Center.
- Three letters of reference to be submitted electronically by those writing the recommendations after you complete the UW Graduate School and MSRE online application. Letters of reference can come from either your professional or academic experiences.
- GMAT scores or GRE scores. Please have the scores sent directly to the University of Washington.
- TOEFL scores for international students.
Required application materials that are not submitted online (i.e. transcripts) should be mailed in one packet to:
Runstad Center for Real Estate Studies – Admissions
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-5740